Looking for that extra something to round out a Steampunk look? A quick, easy, and cheap solution may be a broach you can make for almost nothing. Back to the thrift store!
Type of CraftEdit
- Jewelry & Accessories
- An old clock -- Thrift stores will generally have one, it needs to be old to make sure the gears are metal.
- Pin back -- Craft stores normally have these.
- Screwdriver(s) -- These will vary depending on the clock you are using.
- Strong glue -- A hot glue gun may work for this, but it hasn't been tested. Otherwise, any strong glue will do, so long as metal is listed as one of it's applications.
- Disassemble the clock you will be using, and break it down into its basic components. If you've found a clock that's old enough, you will end up with some wonderful metal gears and other interesting pieces.
- Use these pieces to layout different looks, and decide on the final arrangement - then glue all the pieces together in the configuration you've chosen.
- Glue this assembly onto the blank pin back.
Simple as that! Now you've got a nice little unique accessory to add a finishing touch to your outfit.